Sherry L. Butler Communications, LLC, founded in 1993, focuses on a variety of PR activities including media relations, strategic planning, community relations, special event coordination and publicity, media training, social media and grassroots marketing.
Marketing & Advertising Manager for a family entertainment center. Interfaced with local ad agency, managing $500,000 budget developing advertising collateral, print, broadcast media production, media buying and PR.
Creative artist’s agent marketing portfolios, negotiating contracts, managing deadlines for illustrators, photographers, stock photography, writers, creative music production, video production and graphic design.
With 28 years in the marketing, advertising, public relations industries, Sherry has developed a large network in these industries and when needed, partners with an external team of professionals and freelance talent to make sure the right talent is on the team.
Sherry L. Butler Communications, LLC has represented clients in various industries from health and wellness, nonprofit, retail, fitness, restaurants, sustainability, professional services, special events, and a niche market with national best-selling and self-published authors and speakers.
A short list includes Desert Car Care of Chandler, ONE Community, Aunt Rita’s Foundation, The Grand Canyon Council of Boy Scouts of America, Arizona Governor’s Office for Domestic Violence Prevention, Einstein Bros. Bagels, CSK Auto, Sweet Republic Ice Cream, Panacea Animal Wellness Sanctuary, Mastro’s Restaurants and many various small to medium sized businesses.
Strategic planning, excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail, solid media contacts, dedication to follow-up to secure media coverage and the passion for the story make her a strong publicist and her dedication to clients makes the level of commitment she brings to every campaign extraordinary.
The results speak for themselves:
- Implemented local media relations and grassroots marketing for first time “Happy Valen’Tails: Adopt a Pound Dog Week” where 89% of dogs available were successfully adopted and public education achieved on pound/shelter issues.
- Executed media relations for Sweet Republic Ice Cream that led to total saturation of local market achieved through variety of story angles. This led to regional & national prominence in Bon Appétit Magazine, Sunset Magazine, segments on TLC and Food Network. Over 3 yrs of consistent media garnered increased sales at local retail store and Whole Foods Markets.
- Nominated Michele Elek, director of non-profit, Panacea Animal Wellness Sanctuary, for her volunteer efforts. This resulted in her being honored as one of five recipients for 2012 Arizona Cardinals Community Quarterback Award. Created high visibility for the non-profit with presentation of award during January 1, 2011 pre-game ceremony and promotion in over 70,000 programs.
- Secured interview with Dr. Mehmet Oz for Naturopathic News & Review article increasing visibility.
- Executed media relations campaign raising $75,000 (94% of funds needed), for non-profit to pay for pre-ordered Thanksgiving dinners to serve homeless school children and their families.
- Obtained 45% increase in media coverage for Boy Scouts of America, Grand Canyon Council, due to media relations efforts to support capital fundraising campaign.
- Executed two-month media relations and grassroots marketing campaign which garnered national and international media attention on a cosmetic procedure proclaimed illegal in New Jersey. Extensive exposure resulted in a letter from the Governor to the New Jersey Board of Cosmetology requesting a review of the rulings and to suspend enforcement on ban. Client received letter from Office of Attorney General on behalf of Governor.
- Implemented inaugural media relations campaign for AZ Governor’s Office for Domestic Violence in conjunction with AZ Department of Revenue, educating public to donate money on tax form. Results of campaign exceeded donation projections by 65 percent.
Sherry believes in giving back and has provided her services and contacts to many charitable organizations and causes over the years and continues to do so.